Re: Security template crashed apps

From: C Hall (someone_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 04/07/05

    Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:01:24 -0400

    Steven,

    I applied W2KHG-MemberWKS. I'll take a look at the logs and post any further
    questions.

    > What template did you apply?? It may not be a file/registry permission
    > problem. Check the application, security, and system logs on one of those
    > workstations to see if any helpful information has been recorded there.
    You

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/howto/seconfig.mspx

    > "C Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I was in the process of implementing the W2K Hardening templates on some
    > > workstations, but ran into some problems with third party apps. I got a
    > > variety of errors, one app in particular needs to be able to connect to
    > > the
    > > server via UNC path. Not sure what port it uses. Two of the apps connect
    > > a server and return data files (one of those, an image file). Can anyone
    > > render a guess about how the File System and Registry are changed
    > > (roughly...) with the Hardening templates?
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > > Chris

    • Re: Office should have small buisness integration capacity
      ... you have to remember that all the Office apps have pedigree's as ... Publisher is pretty much a stand-alone and can't get stuff ... this together into one "global" template. ... > able to use that same design scheme for my Publisher Designs, ...
      (microsoft.public.office.misc)
    • Re: Access denied for non-admins to remotely access app and sys logs
      ... on a large group of servers. ... they can view all three event logs. ... If you can create the needed SDDI syntax, I can supply a ADM Template ... I think it is easier than using the Security Template ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • deleting in a form fields
      ... field) disappear. ... any suggestions on how to be able to edit the answer on a form without this ... This will be a template that is used repeatedly to enter info on ... different case logs. ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Office 2003 ONLINE features ...please help!
      ... The OfficeOnline template files use an add-in control that is added ... but it's easier just to open them into your apps and then save ... includes downloading letter templates and clip art. ... I click on the download button for a letter template, ...
      (microsoft.public.office.misc)
    • Re: Word Global Template (Normal)
      ... Normal is kept in the Templates folder in the Apps: ... to make yours a Global template to hold all your styles, shortcuts, macros, ... which may eventually corrupt. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)