Re: Security settings don't allow Active X controls to display

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 03/25/05

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:19:04 -0600

You might also want to post this in The Internet Explorer Security
newsgroup. Usually when I have problems I add a website to my trusted zone
assuming I trust it. It may also be helpful to run something like AdAware SE
on your computer to check for problems with spyware/adware/hijacks that
often change your Internet Explorer settings. There is a registry setting to
make the my computer Web Content Zone visible. --- Steve

 -- AdAware SE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315933 -- how to enable my computer
zone

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello:
>
> OS: W2K Pack 5 IE6 pack 1
>
> Problem description:
>
> 1. When starting "Control panel" there is message:
> "Security settings don't allow dispaly Active X controls on page ..."
>
> 1.1 After "Control panel" loaded all icons in left pane are unactive.
> When I click on any of them there isn't pop-up menu.
>
> 2. The same is true when I open "Windows Explorer".
>
> 3. I tried adjust setting in "Internet Explorer" .
>
> 3.1 When settings were at the low level warning message disapper
>
> 3.2 All icons in left pane still unactive ( no pop-up menu).
>
> 4. I noted that IE has security setting also for "Local computer".
>
> I have another PC with w2k ( pack 4 ) and there isn't setting
>
> for "Local Computer"
>

> Thank you,
>
> dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ICA Nfuse Problem
    ... Even though all the settings of the Internet explorer are set to default as ... I got a messagebox "Your current security settings do not allow this file to ... -> Uncheck the "Include all local (intranet) sites not in other zones" ... Following changes are made in the Internet Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: ICA Nfuse Problem
    ... Even though all the settings of the Internet explorer are set to default as ... I got a messagebox "Your current security settings do not allow this file to ... -> Uncheck the "Include all local (intranet) sites not in other zones" ... Following changes are made in the Internet Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: ICA Nfuse Problem
    ... Even though all the settings of the Internet explorer are set to ... I got a messagebox "Your current security settings do not allow this ... -> Uncheck the "Include all local (intranet) sites not in other zones" ... And following changes are made in the Internet Zone ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Problem executing Help from the Task Scheduler
    ... COMPUTER" zone or "YOUR COMPUTER" locates. ... In the Internet Explorer, Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.050301-1536, under the ... I have on my desktop and found no ActiveX settings under the properties. ... >> do with activeX to enable underthe Internet tab, ...
  • Re: Publisher could not be verified message, IE UserControl
    ... You may first want to make the zone show up in the Internet Options dialog. ... Then go to Internet Options dialog, Security Tab, select My Computer Zone and change the security level for the zone. ... registry settings have the intended effect of NOT presenting the "publisher ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)