Re: Remove SID/User from a local Group Policy

From: Ken B (none_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 03/14/05

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:43:56 -0500

In using gpmc on my computer, I navigate down to Computer Config> Windows
Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> User Rights Assignments> Log on
as a service... if I check the checkbox, I can add members from my domain.
I also see a remove button there too.

Which version of server are you admining? I'm on a 2000 domain.

Ken

"Justin" <j.searles@verizon.net> wrote in message
> No dice...So you're saying there really should be a "Remove" button
> there huh?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Network security: Lan Manager authentication level
    ... MS-KBQ823659_Client, service, and program incompatibilities that may occur when you modify security settings and user rights assignments ... domain functional levels are set at 2003. ... All clients are running ...
  • Re: Need Help Locking Server
    ... GP under computer settings, security settings. ... Change the Allow Logon Locally policy (under user rights assignments) to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Security Settings Locked in gpedit, Administrator, full privs on DC
    ... The Security Settings folder icon, and the Account Policies and Local Policies folder icons have little padlocks attached to them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Security Settings Locked in gpedit, Administrator, full privs on DC
    ... The Security Settings folder icon, and the Account Policies and Local Policies folder icons have little padlocks attached to them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Question for Roger Abell
    ... now used to store sceedit.sdb instead of security.sdb in prior named dir. ... So instead of using a security template to save the Security Settings, ... how really it is the Local Policies and Account Policies that are ... handled in the normal way, but the others (SAFER, IPsec, etc) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)