Re: Use "Effective Permissions" tab on Advanced to check them

From: Paul Adare (
Date: 03/11/05

Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:14:02 -0500

In article <d0qnet$jom$>, in the news group, WakA
<> says...

> That's the point, checking effective permissions for "user2" shows us that
> the delete permission is turned _off_ and the user shouldn't be able to do
> anything with the file let alone _delete_ it. Yet it can..please try this
> for yourself. You won't even have to make a second user, just deny all
> permissions to your own account and you will still able to delete it.

Paul Adare
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,
will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend
the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)