Re: Exchange OWA 2003 Trusted Root Certificate

From: Smurfman (smurfman_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:29:04 -0800

Let me ask you, is there a way to force this to take place, without a reboot,
say from a script or command line, making it transparrent to the users. I
know that I could run a Shutdown command in a script to force the machines to
reboot, but is there an easier way.

Thanks for the reply, this does help explain why some have taken the policy
and why some have not. I am posting a similar thread in the group policy
board, but basically the GP Results show that a domain level policy for
authenticated users, is denied for several of my users. It shows that the
Group is denied because of an Access Filter, yet, the Authenticated Users is
set to Read and Apply for the user logon script. Would this mean that the
user was not Authenticated at the time of logon, and is using a cached logon?
Any ideas...? I will post this on the other board and give more detail.

THanks

"Paul Adare" wrote:

> In article <1FD5F2FE-EDFB-464B-AF56-F06D19A257D7@microsoft.com>, in the
> microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?U211cmZtYW4=?=
> <smurfman@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
>
> > Does a
> > computer's group membership only update after a reboot?
> >

> Not exactly, but close enough. The new group membership won't show up on
> the access token granted to the computer until a reboot, just like with
> a user account which needs a log off and log on.
>
> --
> Paul Adare
> "On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
> 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,
> will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend
> the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
> -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EWF/DUA help needed
    ... > Your script does not reboot the device because it likely fails on the EXECUTE command. ... I have changed the script file, ... it may not be good implementation of your script for the purpose of changing running app with EWF on. ... > With EWF command you just commit a registry change to move/replace the JP.exe file on next reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: EWF/DUA help needed
    ... Your script does not reboot the device because it likely fails on the EXECUTE command. ... it may not be good implementation of your script for the purpose of changing running app with EWF on. ... With EWF command you just commit a registry change to move/replace the JP.exe file on next reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: EWF/DUA help needed
    ... Your script does not reboot becuase it most likely fails on the EXECUTE ... Something seems to be wrong in your command: ... With EWF command you just commit a registry change to move/replace the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Cron Job
    ... If you mean the computer itself, put that command ... The standard 'cron' runs jobs at a specific time/date. ... Init or @reboot run jobs when ... Sunday night at 02:00) then copy the script and cron entry. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Add user/group to local group via Group Policy
    ... loggon/loggoff script is the route i choose and it is working perffectly. ... could run the following command: ... Refresh interval would ensure the group membership was correct throughout ... accounts from the local groups and i want to put the domain admins back ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)