Re: Missing Certificates

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 01/15/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:09:58 -0800

    Thank you also for your reply. Wish me luck on
    reinstalling SP4....Bob.

    problem working on
    >Windows 2000.
    >
    >Bob wrote:
    >> Working on a friends Windows 2000 Pro PC. Apparently
    >> missing at least one trusted root certificate; i.e.,
    the
    >> No Liability Accepted (c)97 Verisign. When trying to
    >> install SP4 on his Win 2000 also encountered problem
    with
    >> Cryptographic services. Questions: (1) I have all 6
    of
    >> the required Trusted Root Certificates on my XP PC and
    >> have exported them to CER files, can they safely be
    >> imported to the Win2000 PC?, I know which DLL files
    are
    >> necessary to be registered for the Cryptographic
    services
    >> on the Win 2000 PC, but if I can get SP4 installed
    should
    >> that be necessary? Thanks in advance for your
    response
    >> to my email of owenhome@casscomm.com
    >> Bob
    >.

    • Re: Shamirs Identity Based Encryption -- consensus
      ... certificates do not require directories. ... In the current IBE it is necessary to put the Private Key Generator ... acknowledge that there will be a need to be a centralized authority. ... a message with the public key 'Bob', how is it that the real Bob is the only ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Imaging
      ... I am looking into Ghost imaging XPpro. ... I have certificates for all the ... Bob ... Prev by Date: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: self cert certificates
      ... "Bob L." ... folder using mmc, certificates etc. ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)