Security Settings - Help

From: geezer (wee_at_willy.com)
Date: 01/14/05

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:09:26 GMT

I am trying to get a friend's machine up and running, and I want to
download Mozilla and a few other things, but I keep getting the error
message that the security settings do not allow the download.

Someone tell me real quick how I can change security settings to allow
downloads? This may be a dumb question, and if it is, I am sorry, but
I need to know.

I do not have access to his W2000 installation CD.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • RE: XP SP2 Security probs
    ... security setting in the "download" section to "enable". ... I have been reviewing ... >> same problem from any website when trying to download. ... >> finding out there are many different security settings ...
  • RE: your current security settings dont allow you to download this fi
    ... My home page has been hijacked, Internet Explorer ... > is nowhere to be found, and my "supposed security settings won't allow me to ... > numerous times, added the sites to trusted sites, and still the problems ... I can't download anything, and a reinstall of the operating ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: XP SP2 Security probs
    ... I can not access the "group policy editor". ... >> same problem from any website when trying to download. ... >> finding out there are many different security settings ... MMC works normally now. ...
  • Re: Cant download file from web site
    ... MVP Windows - Shell / User ... My security settings were already enabled. ... Have you ever installed a utility like Netzip, or a download ... Internet Boost 99 ...
  • Re: Windows XP Update ADODB.stream
    ... > changed the security settings of IE6 before the patch was ... > released for download and installation, ... After trying all toolbar ...
    (microsoft.public.security)