Re: user authentication problems?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 01/07/05

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:50:25 -0600

First check that your computer is configured correctly with dns in that it
must point ONLY to Active Directory domain controllers running dns as it's
preferred dns server and as shown with ipconfig /all. It should be able to
ping that computer by IP address and fully qualified domain name. Running
the support tool netdiag on your computer would also be a good idea to check
for general network connectivity, dns, and secure channel to a domain
controller. If other users are having the same problem there may be a
problem with the sysvol share on a domain controller. Gpotool support tool
can help check for that but will require a user with domain admin
credentials to run on a domain controller.. --- Steve