Re: VPN problem

From: Bob McCoy [MSFT] (bobmccoy_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:45:32 -0600

First of all, what do you mean by "External LAN"? Are you referring to the
Internet?

How is your VPN configured? Are you using RRAS? Are you assuming that this
provides access out as well as access in? Has this ever worked for you in
the past?

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
"Dev" <somudrodev@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a win2k server configured as pptp vpn.
> Everything is working fine. But the users behind the vpn server cannot
> access the external LAN. I wan to provide then access to the external
> LAN.
>
> Here is what I want to do.
> user ---->vpn server----->external LAN.
>
> I need help for this.
>
> Mamun

Relevant Pages

  • RRASWiz
    ... I have several client installations of SBS2003 Std and one Premium. ... I recently changed a site VPN access using the Configure Remote Access ... Checking whether RRAS is already running returned OK ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Bizzare ISA2004 VPN Issues, Please help
    ... In the port properties, click PPTP and click configure button. ... Reconfigure the VPN. ... service and directly use the RRAS service to serve as VPN. ... that we can concentrate on the ISA and continue the troubleshooting. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: VPN and LAN conflicts
    ... After connecting to the RRAS, the server should have PPTP IP information. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... > connections, applying computer settings and applying your personal settings) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: Bizzare ISA2004 VPN Issues, Please help
    ... Rebooted the server. ... I then manually opened RRAS, configured it to accept PPTP VPN connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: RRAS, NAT & External VPN Problem
    ... You were on the right track, but you can't route directly from the ... (ie are the firewalls the endpoint of the VPN ... (ie the firewall in LAN 1), not the RRAS router. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)