Re: ISA 2000 Trial - Where?

From: Steve Riley [MSFT] (steriley_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 12/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:27:41 -0800

Aurelio, ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition is fully supported on Windows 2000
Server SP4. This is the first I've heard of this problem. I'll forward your
note to someone in the product group and have them contact you to find out
what's going on. You might have found a bug.

Steve Riley
steriley@microsoft.com

"aurelio" <aurelio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Steve,
>
> Just to inform you. I did clean install of W2K server + SP4 + all avaiable
> patches. I installed ISA2004 Trial + small patch they released lately and
> finally end up having same error messages as before. So you may say ISA
> installatio is bad or my server is bad, but... I was not lazy. I installed
> W2K3 Trial on same machine. Clean and patched. After that intstalled
> ISA2004
> Trial (same installation as before). Guess what? It worked straight from
> the
> box!
> So it looks like ISA2004 didn't like W2K server for some to me uknown
> reason.
>
> Folks think twice before you attempt to use ISA2004 on W2K server,
> especially if that server is production server!
>

> "Steve Riley [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> "aurelio" <aurelio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > OK you convinced me.
>> >
>> > I'll try again and let you know of results.
>> >
>> > Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to allow POP3 SSL connections w ISA 2004
    ... I am at SP3 for ISA Server 2004. ... Yes, you are correct, this is mostly an Outlook settings issue, you can try ... Please also help to gather the ISA logs: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to allow POP3 SSL connections w ISA 2004
    ... the Outlook group as well. ... Firewall Client configuration for ISA Server 2004. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Simple ISA 2004 questions
    ... You'd better create a new GPO for IE proxy, ... Run "gpmc.msc" in SBS server, ... ISA Server 2004 Query can give you some help. ... In the Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 console, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA 2006 Basic Configuration
    ... Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004 ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions ... The routing table for the network adapter Internal ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • Re: ISA 2006 Basic Configuration
    ... Does the AD/DNS Server have the ISP's DNS properly configured as a Forwarder? ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions ... The routing table for the network adapter Internal includes IP address ranges that are not defined in the array-level network Internal, ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)