Re: Is it possible to secure replication?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 12/09/04

Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:15:45 GMT

Kerberos secures replication traffic for Active Directory including AD
integreated dns zones and is very secure. You can also use Domain Security
Policy to change kerberos policies as far as ticket lifetimes if you feel
the need to secure it further at the expense of additional bandwidth and
load on the domain controllers. Installing multiple nics on domain
controllers is something to be avoided if possible anyhow as they end up
being master browsers and other configuration headaches can occur. ---
Steve

http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/617/06/toc.html -- more info on
kereberos.

"Jacques Koorts" <jkoorts@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have this idea, you add 2 network cards to each DC. One each using it to
>connect to network, and the other to connect to each other. This linkl
>between them you then use for replication making it very secured. Can this
>be done and how?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is it possible to secure replication?
    ... integreated dns zones and is very secure. ... Policy to change kerberos policies as far as ticket lifetimes if you feel ... load on the domain controllers. ... you add 2 network cards to each DC. ...
  • Re: Secure all IP Traffice in domain
    ... you can not use it to secure traffic between domain controllers and non ... domain controllers (workstations and member servers), ... 2000 - I am not sure about Windows 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Security of a virtualized domain controller ?
    ... So i think it is still a secure area needed for the hosting machine and you should only have people accessing the host that are checked for there security and that you trust them. ... we would like to virtualize our domain controllers but I would like to ... Indeed, if someone stole the VMDK file of our domain controllers, he ...
  • RE: Win 2k3 Native mode
    ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... Get Secure! ... >>Will Windows 2000 Domain controllers still function if change fucntional ... >>one of the Windows 2003 domain controllers. ...
  • Re: Security of a virtualized domain controller ?
    ... going to be as secure or insecure as your environment controls it. ... MVP - Directory Services ... we would like to virtualize our domain controllers but I would like to ... Indeed, if someone stole the VMDK file of our domain controllers, he will ...