Re: Prevent documents on Desktop

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 12/04/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:47:54 -0700

    Steve really said the key thing here.
    If you want to let them customize the desktop, but just
    not store files there, then you have conflicting objectives.
    Both require a grant of write for the desktop, and grants
    are not sensitive to what is being written.
    You can have one or the other - no changes to the desktop
    or any changes to the desktop. Otherwise you need to get
    inventive (like the script that deletes after copying, etc.).

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)