Re: Prevent documents on Desktop

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 12/04/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:47:54 -0700

    Steve really said the key thing here.
    If you want to let them customize the desktop, but just
    not store files there, then you have conflicting objectives.
    Both require a grant of write for the desktop, and grants
    are not sensitive to what is being written.
    You can have one or the other - no changes to the desktop
    or any changes to the desktop. Otherwise you need to get
    inventive (like the script that deletes after copying, etc.).

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
    "TheDragon" <plandregan@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a domain containing profiles for users. They are constantly saving
    > documents to their desktops, resulting in silly sized profiles. I want to
    > force them to save them on their network drive (Home Folder). Is there a
    way
    > to prevent word/access/powerpoints being saved to the desktop. Using group
    > policy.
    > Server is Windows 2000 Server SP4. Clients are Win 2k SP4.
    >
    > I don't want mandatory profiles, as they are allowed to customize the
    > desktops to their hearts desire, just not save documents on it

    • Re: ADAM - dsacls - Proper Create Child permissions on subobjects
      ... Just grant GR inheritance on the naming context and then GWCC with ... ADAM is installed locally. ... to those Profiles. ... rem Grant the role read access to ADAM instance ...
    • Re: Customizing the ASP.Net 2.0 Membership Architecture
      ... or google "asp.net profiles" ... if it is possible to customize the default membership architecture in ... My site is using SQL 2005 for all other user account functions (stuff ... I've gone through most of the basic demos regarding membership I found ...
    • webpages designed by user, possible?, how?
      ... I'm wondering how to create a website where the registered users can design ... their of profiles. ... It seems to be popular among myspace users to customize ...