Re: Security Policy Error

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 12/02/04

Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:58:30 GMT

http://www.eventid.net is a great place to track down info on event ID's as
results are shown in the link below for your error.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1202&eventno=348&source=SceCli&phase=1
 -- event 1202
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=427&eventno=1693&source=ESENT&phase=1
-- event 427

Error code 0x5 (decimal 5) - Access is denied. This issue occurs because of
the locked-down security that was originally set on the FRS through Group
Policy. When you attempt to configure the FRS through Group Policy, the
policy engine no longer has the permission to set security on the FRS and
does not attempt to take ownership of the FRS. See Q284461 for resolution

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=284461 -- possible fix??

Also check your security permissions to the \winnt and winnt\security
folders to make sure that administrators and system have full control or
another possibility is that the local secedit.sdb is corrupt and the link
below may help with that. --- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBH/TIP3500/rh3561.htm