Re: File and directory auditing

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 12/02/04

Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:33:36 GMT

You can use tools like xcacls or showacls but the free download from
Somarsoft called dumpsec is great for such. --- Steve

http://www.somarsoft.com/somarsoft_main.htm

"AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a file server (w2K server) that i have been put in charge of finding
> out who has access to all directories and files on that server - there
> over
> 200 directories and sub-directories and close to 1000 files - is there a
> utility or script I can run to find out who has access to these
> directories
> and files? Any help is greatly appreciated

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Thunderbird Getting Started
    ... bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of steve ... |> left there is a "remove account" button. ... | additional TB account for my MSN email address. ... | that TB cannot contact the MSN server. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How Many "Problems" Will Steve De Mena Discover After Installing 10.6.2 Update
    ... Steve de Mena wrote: ... Mac he starts screaming that its impossible for that to happen. ... that the Entourage database files were located on a directly connected ... It's not just a backup of the server store, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: IIS7 - 67GB of Log Files
    ... Steve Schofield wrote: ... I guess I should have mentioned that this particular SBS 2008 server is my own office one and is *not* a big one. ... This was why I was concerned about the size of these files: was this indicative of some error condition or is IIS compromised in some way? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Thunderbird Getting Started
    ... bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of steve ... |> left there is a "remove account" button. ... | additional TB account for my MSN email address. ... | that TB cannot contact the MSN server. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: *** Manglement Notice - Buxton Registration now open ***
    ... cookies or no:( ... I had the same success rate as Steve Robinson even after telling IE to ... Depending on where the server that users need to access resides or how the Web site is hosted, I know that some of my clients who use AOL as their ISP often cannot log into their company network using a VPN connection or semi private company Web-sites hosted on servers within their company's less secure Internet facing DMZ. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)