Prevent documents on Desktop

From: TheDragon (plandregan_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/02/04

Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:41:25 -0000

I have a domain containing profiles for users. They are constantly saving
documents to their desktops, resulting in silly sized profiles. I want to
force them to save them on their network drive (Home Folder). Is there a way
to prevent word/access/powerpoints being saved to the desktop. Using group
policy.
Server is Windows 2000 Server SP4. Clients are Win 2k SP4.

I don't want mandatory profiles, as they are allowed to customize the
desktops to their hearts desire, just not save documents on it

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Separate Users Desktops?
    ... When you look into the Documents and Settings (profiles) ... All Users is merged with the profile of any account at login ... > their own icons. ... > from ALL user's desktops! ...
  • Roaming profile failure when using terminal services to W2K3 DC
    ... We use roaming profiles -- all profiles are stored in ... Users log into desktops or to a single W2K ... Roaming profiles work fine on all desktops and our ... W2K terminal server, as well as to all of our other W2K servers via TS ...
  • Re: Roaming profiles - PRO ET CONTRA ?
    ... home directory. ... > want to know the opinions AGAINST from people who have had experience ... With standard non-romaing profiles, ... > their native Desktops, visible applications, as well as problems with ...
  • Re: User Profiles....
    ... My Computer properties, Advanced, User Profiles Box ... click Setting - highlight the profile you wish to make a copy of and ... > is there a quick way to copy local profiles (desktops, start menu, ... > domain they obviously lose all their settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Prevent documents on Desktop
    ... but as all of thier office applications default opens ... and saves in thier user folder on the server, ... > documents to their desktops, resulting in silly sized profiles. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)