Security for Win2003 Servers

From: NewComer (NewComer_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/24/04

    Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 03:19:03 -0800

    Hi,

    I am planning to setup two Win2003 Servers. One Proxy (in DMZ zone) the
    other is Web/Appl Server.Both of the Servers will not setup as Domain
    Controller. Below is my query.

    1. What security or policy template should I put on both servers?(e.g IIS,
    ISA)
    2. How do I harden the OS?

    I have come out some policy as stated below but not sure is it correct. Need
    advice.

    Proxy Server
    High Security– Bastion Host.inf
    ISA

    Web/App Server
    Legacy Client – MemberServer Baseline.inf
    Enterprise Client – IISServer.inf

    Best regrads,
    NewComer

    • Re: Small Redundant web/mail setup
      ... Subject: Small Redundant web/mail setup ... would serve these files via nfs to the application servers. ... get good hardware. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: oops with dual xeon 2.8ghz4gbram+smp,qsoftware=A0raid?=,qlvm?=,qand=A0xfs?=
      ... fairly similar setup as yours: ... Running XFS, exporting via NFS ... I have seen quite a lot of Oops's on these servers, ... Regarding ext3... ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Simple setup of domain servers for school labs
      ... routines that perform network setup, user setup, server configuration and ... 2003 SP2 servers setup by a number of contractors. ... all limping along in school labs. ... site support or central support. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Sun Patch Server
      ... Reading about Sun Update Connection it sounds like the remote proxy ... these patches to all the servers in my company until we've done some ... Sun Update Connection Proxy (by way of a collection of updates on your ... systems and Sun Update Connection Proxy be connected to the Internet. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Ive been a bad boy
      ... Please note that many proxy ... servers load large quantities of pages, ... · Your IP might have been used to perform some sort of denial of service ...
      (alt.2600)