Re: Microsoft Security Center Warning

biggins_at_twcny.rr.com
Date: 11/20/04

Date: 20 Nov 2004 11:21:09 -0800

I have the same issue. Running Spybot, Adaware, AVG and nothing. I
went through the registry and noticed an entry for Wintools. The
executable was WintoolsA.exe located in the C:\Program Files\Common
Files\WinTools folder. I'm pretty sure this is the culpret. The fun
part is trying to get rid of it. Most of these programs autogenerate
after you've wiped them from the reg.

I'll keep you posted if this fixes the problem. Check your reg also.
It should be in HKeyLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I know that is not a windows app so it would be quite strange if you
also had it in there.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Accidentally deleted .reg files
    ... web browser hijacking file, so yes, delete that entry. ... > Thanks for the reply Oli! ... >>import registry settings from a file. ... >>Those reg files should not have been there, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)
  • Re: Comments in a .reg file?
    ... >;This is a comment entry ... I read up on .REG and it stated that anything "unexpected" would work ... questions; are these;comment lines ignored by the registry import ... do they have to precede the first header? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How do I convert a DateTime to another time zone?
    ... easiest way to do this is to read the registry for the timezone info you want, and pick up the timezone offsets from there.. ... the reg ... entry contains the dates/times at which the change to/from daylight occurs. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: How do I convert a DateTime to another time zone?
    ... easiest way to do this is to read the registry for the timezone info you want, and pick up the timezone offsets from there.. ... the reg ... entry contains the dates/times at which the change to/from daylight occurs. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: How do I convert a DateTime to another time zone?
    ... easiest way to do this is to read the registry for the timezone info you want, and pick up the timezone offsets from there.. ... the reg ... entry contains the dates/times at which the change to/from daylight occurs. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)