Re: Microsoft Security Center Warning

biggins_at_twcny.rr.com
Date: 11/20/04

Date: 20 Nov 2004 11:21:09 -0800

I have the same issue. Running Spybot, Adaware, AVG and nothing. I
went through the registry and noticed an entry for Wintools. The
executable was WintoolsA.exe located in the C:\Program Files\Common
Files\WinTools folder. I'm pretty sure this is the culpret. The fun
part is trying to get rid of it. Most of these programs autogenerate
after you've wiped them from the reg.

I'll keep you posted if this fixes the problem. Check your reg also.
It should be in HKeyLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I know that is not a windows app so it would be quite strange if you
also had it in there.