enhancemysearch,.com

From: Kim (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/18/04

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:26:12 -0800

I have a user whose search has been hijacked by this
site. I have exhausted all resources trying to clean it
up - Adaware, Spybot, CWShredder, HijackThis. Besides
this, she has also got viruses I am having trouble
cleaning up, and I believe this is prohibiting me from
running a scan from Trendmicro. I know you are probably
thinking that my security needs beefing up, but this is
the only user out of my 200+ users that continuously gives
me heartache!

So, any suggestions on how to get rid of the
enhancemysearch issue would be greatly appreciated. I
will continue to whittle away at the rest.

TIA
Kim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Only the Best" popup ads
    ... Be sure to run both SpyBot and Adaware, ... HOLD, download the programs to that folder, then burn that folder to a CD. ... HiJackThis: - Free ...
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar Stopped Working
    ... CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ...
  • Re: Popup hell !
    ... HijackThis, below, in that order). ... The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ... There's a good tutorial about CWS and using CWShredder here: ... Another excellent program for this purpose is SpyBot Search and Destroy ...
  • Home page
    ... >try cwshredder, spybot, adaware, and possibly hijackthis ...
  • Re: IE6 continuously defaulting to a website
    ... Run the SpyBot and AdAware programs first, then the HiJackThis. ... download then from the websites, burn them to a CD and then install them on ...