Re: how to manage dhcp server remotely via firewall

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 11/13/04

    Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:06:45 -0500

    coolfun wrote:
    > I find the tcp port is always changing when I manage dhcp
    > server remotely, sometimes it is 1171, or 1056, or 1xxx,
    > etc. so it is difficult to span the firewall, could you
    > tell me if there is a way to manage dhcp by a fixed port?
    > Thanks!

    Use Terminal Services in admin mode & access it via port 3389?

    • Re: New Solaris user, has networking questions...
      ... Strange -- just that I've never seen a 3Com 905C-series chipset ... the only Ethernet port visible under ... ifconfig is the elxl0 port, which is the built-in motherboard port. ... or get it to pull one down via DHCP (if I ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Static IP outside of router DHCP range
      ... This would avoid the need for DHCP entirely, ... As I recall, the clients that use BootP will pull ... Unfortunately my 8 clients are little $50 boxes with an Ethernet port and yellow, red, and white outputs for composite NTSC video and stereo audio, but no provisions whatsoever to flash their NVRAM. ... I still am wondering if my Netgear switches truly have any "memory" of the ports associated with specific IP addresses of the connected clients, as they have no reset or reboot function as far as I know. ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: routing problem?
      ... DHCP is your friend. ... > understand how is the WAN port different from the LAN ports, ... there's a built-in firewall from WAN to LAN, and they don't give you the ... if you find something with fewer features, ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Wireless between two Buffalo WHR-G54S
      ... One is set up as a wireless router. ... DHCP on, wireless enabled, SSID ... The WAN port is plugged into my Ambit cable modem, ... DHCP on downstairs, DHCP off upstairs. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Netgear RP114 Problem
      ... >> Does your router provide your pc's with an ip address via dhcp? ... By default the rp114 will do dhcp for the first 30 ip addresses or so ... you can set the DNS servers of your ISP. ... can open a port or range of ports to a host. ...
      (Fedora)