Re: Does eliminating NetBios kill NTLMv2?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 11/06/04

Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:45:02 GMT

Hi Mike.

I knew what you meant, but just wanted to clarify for the sake of those that
might not. I expect you to do the same for me. Your replies to user
questions are highly helpful and appreciated. --- Steve

"Miha Pihler" <mihap-news@atlantis.si> wrote in message
> Hi Steve :-)
>
> Yes, sorry, bad choice of words ...
>
> As always, thanks for the correction :-)
>
> Mike
>
> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hmm. I bet you mean dns does not use broadcasts. --- Steve
>>

>> "Miha Pihler" <mihap-news@atlantis.si> wrote in message
>>>
>>> TCP/IP doesn't use broadcasts. It will
>>> use direct TCP/IP connection to computer and protocol design will allow
>>> for
>>> smaller timeout periods. This will make it faster on LAN (e.g. when
>>> browsing
>>> for shares, ...)
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> "Jacques Koorts" <jkoorts@ccalimited.com> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: My PPC is almost unsellable
    ... so he said he bought itunusedto "clarify" things for people who ... JohnQ is the troll. ... As I said, you made yourself *very* clear, but since Steve Carroll has ... clearly is working to hurt himself and his family, and his online "friends" ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: My PPC is almost unsellable
    ... so he said he bought itunusedto "clarify" things for ... JohnQ is the troll. ... As I said, you made yourself *very* clear, but since Steve Carroll has ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: My PPC is almost unsellable
    ... so he said he bought itunusedto "clarify" things for ... JohnQ is the troll. ... As I said, you made yourself *very* clear, but since Steve Carroll has ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: HOCUS POCUS
    ... using the velocity addition formula. ... different opinion, as he wrote: ... I'll let him expand or clarify his own remarks, Mike. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)