Re: MBSA

From: Sherman H. (shung_at_charter.net)
Date: 10/27/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:36:56 -0700

What are other "good tools"?
"Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:%23JYcUv9uEHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> "Sherman H." <shung@charter.net> wrote in message
> > I am thinking about running Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer to
verify
> > how the security settings on our DC and member servers. Is this a good
> tool
> > for the purpose?
>
> It's one very good tool to catch the most common basic security
> misconfigurations and missing critical patches. There are other good
tools
> that might also be of interest for a fuller picture.
>
> > Any problems have been identified on using this as an
> > audit tool?
>
> None I can think of.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant connect afte rupgrade to 6.2
    ... If your password information is not saved, verify ... If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, ... Internet Security etc.), it's possible ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Verifying E-Mail Addresses
    ... The security issue would be if one could verify 3rd party email addresses. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Verifying E-Mail Addresses
    ... The security issue would be if one could verify 3rd party email addresses. ... address without sending a verification e-mail and waiting for users to ... He then has to enter his email address if he needs to create an account. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Apache problems on FC3?
    ... SELinux, and it may be safe to suggest turning it off. ... I guess i should have added that you should verify this, ... add back in the security, so you know what works and what doesn't. ... The folder I am sendiing it to is in /var/myfolder I ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Security issue with MSP430?
    ... >>I heard there is a security issue with the MSP430. ... > have a "BSL" ... >>Please help me verify if this is a real issue or not. ... Maybe I'll go for an AVR instead. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)