Re: Folder Share Permissions

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:25:09 GMT

I have not been able to get that to work in a quick test but in theory if
the users had the "traverse folder" permission for the folder only in the
apply onto box or they simply have permissions to files only [since users
should have bypass traverse checking user right by default] , they could
still be able to access files. You might want to try that and maybe you will
have better luck. When you configure special permissions the user or groups
can have more than one special permission such as one for folder only and
another for files only. -- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/acl_special_permissions.asp
 -- explanation of special permissions and traverse folder permission.