Should install the certificate on my External Clients?

From: Sean (Sean_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/22/04

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:29:04 -0700

Hi
I have a Stand-Alone root CA.
I've already created a certificate on OWA server and imported it into ISA
2000 server ... Internally the SSL does work but externally it doesn't.

My questions are:
1 - Should I install a root CA on my external computers so they can use SSL
with ISA?
2 - I reviewed the purpose of my certificate installed on ISA and OWA server
and it says: "Ensures the identity of a remote computer". That's ok to use
with SSL?
3 - Does Stand-Alone root CA work well for this purpose of security?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with OWA
    ... ISA to OWA server is SSL? ... Qualquer sugestão deve ser testada antes de aplicada - www.gupade.org ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • RE: Should install the certificate on my External Clients?
    ... How can i open 443 port for SSL? ... > I've already created a certificate on OWA server and imported it into ISA ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Should install the certificate on my External Clients?
    ... You would have to configure your firewall to allow inbound port 443 TCP. ... Some devices already will have ssl listed as a service that you can add to ... >> I've already created a certificate on OWA server and imported it into ISA ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Installing ISA Server for first time
    ... the ISA 2004 can only allow SSL 443 port go through it. ... Microsoft is providing this information as aconvenience to you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA configuration question
    ... - create a certificate that uses either the name or IP of the ISA web proxy listener (depends on how you want the clients to ... - configure the web proxy listener to listen for SSL connections and choose the port you want ... For clients that support secure communication directly with ISA Server, ... > I'm referring to web proxy requests. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)