Best practice for the Home parent folder

From: Brian (Brian_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/22/04

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:49:01 -0700

I am looking to find what the best practice is for setting security on the
parent folder that all of my user home folders will reside under. I create
the home folders from Active directory users and computers and have heard
there may be some issues when I upgrade from windows 2000 to windows 2003. I
also would like to know if, when creating the home folder through User and
computers, there is a way to have is restrict the user/owner from being able
to change security. Any help would be appreciated

Relevant Pages

  • Weird Home Folder Problem WIN 2003
    ... I'm having a really weird problem with my home folders which are assigned ... from a Windows 2003 server. ... What's happening is the on some computers the user will get ...
  • RE: After migrating Folders/Files from NT4 SBS 4.5 All are READ ONLY.
    ... The Default Permissions for Home Folders in Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 ... programs running on the server, or there are problems negotiating SMB ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: home directories
    ... the domain fifty percent are windows 2000 pro the other half are XP ... other users home folders. ... account and the admin account to full control on the share permissions, ... Download details Windows Server 2003 Access-based Enumeration: ...
  • Re: Random access denied to home folders
    ... We recently created home folders for our users on a Windows 2003 R2 ... the server that hosts the folder and the DC that indicates an ... Do you use login scripts or persistent Windows mapped drives? ...
  • Re: Weird Home Folder Problem WIN 2003
    ... the computers in the domain, but only some of the computers were ... A GPO was was built and linked to the entire domain. ... Home folders are assigned to be connected to ...