Re: KB840987 causes blue screen

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 10/22/04

    Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 02:56:32 GMT

    You are not the first to report this and other users have reported problems
    with video and IDE controller drivers. See the link below to a Google search
    for this and you will be able to see how others have resolved this or maybe
    not. --- Steve

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=KB840987%20blue%20screen&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

    "Brian7M3" <Brian7M3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am getting the Blue screen Error in windows 2000 PRO, saying
    > "Unexcepted_kernel_mode_trap" on several Win2000 Pro machines. I used F8
    > go into safe mode and removed a recent Microsoft Update - KB840987 from
    > Add/Remove programs. I had to also remove KB841533 prior to this one
    > and reboot and F8 between both removals. Once I removed both updates, the
    > problem was gone. I was able to reapply KB841533 and everything worked
    > fine.
    >
    > When I tried KB840987 again, I got the same blue screen. At this point I
    > don't know how to deploy KB840987 because of this problem.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Brian

    • Video buttons in DRW
      ... I am using FP2000 and I have come accross the situation ... where my published site's video buttons are not allowing ... me to browse through the DRW results. ... Are there any reported problems with this???? ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
    • Re: Enbrel shortage
      ... No sign of reported problems with a Google Search. ... I had a delivery of three injections yesterday instead of the usual 4, ...
      (uk.people.support.arthritis)
    • Re: Enbrel shortage
      ... <<<"..There seems to be a temporary shortage of embrel pens in the UK ... No sign of reported problems with a Google Search. ...
      (uk.people.support.arthritis)