Re: Directory and share security

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:42:41 GMT

There are tools that can scan the network such as Languard that has a free
full function trial download.

http://www.gfi.com/lannetscan/

There also free tools such as dumpsec from SomarSoft to enumerate a computer
and shareenum from SysInternals that can scan your network for share
permissions. --- Steve

http://www.somarsoft.com/
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/shareenum.shtml

"Donny" <donny@joho.com> wrote in message
> Is there a special tool to get an inventory of users and
> groups of share folders and directories

Relevant Pages

  • Re: metwork monitoring tools
    ... I would like to know if there is free tools that i can download on the ... web that can monitored my small network. ... I suspect some intruder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: network traffic logging tool ?
    ... If you are not looking only for free tools, you might want to try Iris from ... http://eEye.com/Retina - Network Security Scanner ... Subject: network traffic logging tool? ... > firewall and reporting package can provide. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: metwork monitoring tools
    ... I would like to know if there is free tools that i can download on ... the web that can monitored my small network. ... I suspect some intruder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Logon Failure: The used has not been granted the requested lo
    ... I will try dumpsec and NTRights and see how far I get. ... > this computer from the network. ... Unlike XP Pro you can not use Local ...
  • Re: Find security group usage
    ... Dumpsec from Somarsoft, and SharEnum from ... SysInternals are free while a not free program to look at would be Languard. ... > used for access control anywhere on my network. ... My network is Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)