Re: 2000 pro login

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 09/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:58:00 +0200

Hi Jon,

Check this article:

I forgot or don't know the Windows password and I can't log in. [Windows
2000 / XP / .NET / NT]
http://securityadmin.info/faq.asp#password

Mike

"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just picked up a used laptop with 2000 pro, but I don't
> know the old users password. Is there an administrators
> password I can use?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: admin pass question
    ... I forgot or don't know the Windows password and I can't log in. ... Mike ... a bit too secure for my liking. ... what is the easiest way to get back my old account? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: pwd changed, but old one still works for 30 minutes
    ... Mike ... > Server) to take place immediately? ... Right now I have my site set so that ... > people can change their own windows password (I use windows accounts, ...
  • i screwed up
    ... acct. ... >I have a laptop that I use at work and connect on the ... >now it is asking me for a windows password when it boots. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: i screwed up
    ... Bring your laptop back to work and ask the IT folks to set it back up on the ... > I have a laptop that I use at work and connect on the network. ... > my home pc is set up for) instead of the domain I usually log into at ... > now it is asking me for a windows password when it boots. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Passwords
    ... If it is just the Windows password then the laptop *may* be worth buying. ... The Windows password is easy to work around and the laptop may have a recovery partition that allows you to completely reinstall Windows to factory condition, but unless you can first make it past the BIOS the laptop is completely useless. ... On many laptops if you lose the BIOS password you have to contact the manufacturer and prove bona fide ownership of the laptop before they will help you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)