Re: HELP!!! Unable to logon to Server 2000

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:10:48 +0200

Hi Dave,

You will have to give us more information.

Is this domain controller that you are trying to logon? Did you try using
Administrator account. Did you try using terminal services to logon... Do
you have same problem on domain controllers, server and clients?

Mike

"Dave W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some changes were made to group policy several days ago
> and something musta got screwed up because I cannot log
> back in now that I have logged out. I get the following
> message after the failed login: "the local policy of this
> system does not permit you to logon interactively"
> Is there anything that I can do?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Auditing User logon/logoff events.
    ... u say in the document like i enabled "Account logon events" only in domain ... Then i am getting 672,673 event ids in my domain controllers event viewer. ... can see this log in domain controller security log. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: remote desktop rights on domain controller
    ... First of for domain controllers user rights must be configured in Domain ... Controller Security Policy - not local policy. ... The user right for logon ... Group on the domain controller if using Windows 2003. ...
  • Re: How to remove a cached password?
    ... See if another domain user can logon to it or not, ... a domain controller is that it has incorrect dns settings. ... The login used on the laptop is the same ...
  • Re: Why allow log on locally" is not configured by default??
    ... To logon locally you would have to be sitting in front of the console or use ... There are two policy under admin tools -> domain controller security ... Domain Controller policy impacts ALL dc's in your network. ... asking it if it is ok that this user log onto this workstation, ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 member server with Windows 2000 Domain Controller
    ... > Windows 2003 server, both registered the same event as mentioned below. ... > Event Source: NETLOGON ... > There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon ... > If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)