Re: Task Manger weird program

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 09/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:50:15 -0700

Thanks.

I did a search from the command prompt instead of using
windows find and this is the closest match to the file.
The file it found was RTFreader.exe located under savfmse
which is Norton.

When I scanned the registry it found rtfrea*.exe and
rtfrea*1.exe under the Key Internet Explorer\Explorer
Bars\{C4E.......}\FilesNamedMRU The type is REG_SZ and
rtfrea*.exe are listed under data.

Not related but also under this directory of keys
has "you should not see
me.exe", "me.exe" , "shampagi.dll" and CDO.dll to name a
few.

across your Registry.

>Keep us informed to help others.
>
>--
>And always try the MS KB first before posting.
>The answer is probably already posted.
>MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=fh;EN-US;KBHOWTO

> Thanks. This is a great tool. I have since restarted
> the SMTP service and after monitoring the file
> RTFREA~1.exe no longer is flashing up on the
processess
> under task manager. Neither the PE tool nor Task
Manager
> is showing the file since doing this. I still want to
> determine what this file is though. Anyone have any
> other ideas?
>
> Thanks.

up
> in
> > the search. I've tried MS knowledge base, google,
> > norton, mcafee and found nothing.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: msvcrt problem
    ... >>ALPHA Systems, Switzerland ... I encountered a Microsoft outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Task Manger weird program
    ... the SMTP service and after monitoring the file ... RTFREA~1.exe no longer is flashing up on the processess ... Neither the PE tool nor Task Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: explorer.exe
    ... If so this may tie up explorer.exe, ... Press CRTL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager and look for "fxssvc" if you see this under processess then stop process. ...
  • Re: Application Event Log - MSG_CANT_GET_DNS_DOMAIN_NAME
    ... And always try the MS KB first before posting. ... Mark-Allen Perry ... ALPHA Systems ... Marly, Switzerland ...
  • Re: quicktime
    ... Have a look in the Task Manager under Processess and make sure that ... highlight it and select End Process. ... Then try and delete QuickTime again. ...