Re: Effective Setting Greyed Out and Cannot Invoke Settings in 'Log on locally'

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 09/18/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:49:46 GMT

If this is a domain controller it has to be configured in Domain Controller Security
Policy. You can also use the gpresult support tool on a domain computer to see what
"computer" configuration GPO's are applied to that computer [not user]. A GPO from
anywhere other than local could have that policy enabled for computer
onfiguration. --- Steve

"Zack Schneeberger" <schneebie1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have spent 5 hours trying to figure out this problem. We have a
> server that is part of the Domain and is running Windows 2000 Server.
> I am trying to modify the 'Log on locally' policy setting.
>
> After I click on 'Log on locally', the 'Effective Policy Setting' for
> the groups that I want to log on locally is greyed out and unchecked.
> So that leads me to the conclusion that a Domain Level Policy is being
> pushed down right?! Well wrong! I have scanned 'Domain Security
> Policy' and the 'Default Domain Policy' and there is no reference to
> 'Deny Local Logon' to any group which is maybe why the 'Effective
> Policy Setting' is greyed out and unchecked for certain groups in the
> 'Log on locally' policy setting.
>
> Why is the 'Effective Policy Setting' greyed out and unchecked for
> groups in my 'Log on locally' policy setting? It apears that that is
> nothing denying their existance locally.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Zack

Relevant Pages

  • Windows Shortcut Keys and "ALT+TAB" not working because of GPO
    ... We've got an issue with a machine policy which prohibits us of using Windows ... Deny access to this computer from the network Support_388945a0, ... Policy Setting ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.gruppen.richtlinien)
  • Re: No Computer Settings for TS group policy
    ... policy with full control. ... MCCOYSALES\Enterprise Admins Read (from Security Filtering) No ... Policy Setting ... Small Business Server Internet Connection Firewall ...
  • Re: Prevented from adding users
    ... Is the print server a cluster. ... But that should not matter if the policy is disabled. ... clients). ... The policy setting applies only to non Print ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)