Re: index.dat & IE Slowdown

From: Kris Hyde (k.hyde_at_umist.ac.uk)
Date: 09/15/04

Date: 15 Sep 2004 05:32:46 -0700

I appologise for my last mail - it seems I was being too hasty! The
CacheSentry, doesn't fix my corrupted cache, but once I've managed to
reset the fault, if I leave it running in the background it does
appear to stop the cache becomeing corrupted. The only problem I had
with it was that the feature I needed to be running constantly, is off
by defualt, and seems to be randomly enabled, depending on who is
logged in. To get arround this, I've written a bit of code which I run
as a login script, which sets the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\engimaticsoftware\cachesentry\options = 11,

then runs the cachesentry prog. That seems to do the trick.

Thanks for your help,

Kris Hyde