Domain changed - locked out

From: Locksley (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:14:12 -0700

Hi,
  I need some help with some self-induded trouble. I was
trying to connect my work laptop to my home PC (I was
doing this using my home network so the laptop was not
connected to it's normal network).
  As part of that effort I changed the domain of my
laptop to be the same as the home network(I was a bit
desperate at the tome and I had tried everything else).
It said it would only be effective after a restart and so
I restarted only to find that when I did CTRL-ALT-DEL I
lost any ability to choose the domain to enter my
password agains. I assume it is trying my password
against the new domain but I did not get any prompt to
create one before I changed the domain.
  To me it seems I have locked myself out forever! Is
there any way to choose the domain that the PC logs into?
I must be missing something since it cannot be that easy
to lock myself out!

/thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant connect to the internet
    ... In the Startup tab, ... Click OK and restart your computer. ... I ran the Network Diagnostics on the laptop. ...
  • Re: Constant disk activity kills performance
    ... laptop with 512kb memory. ... TIA, Paul ... machine idle times. ... Then Restart. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Password
    ... Donny Broome ... I was trying to connect my laptop up to the home network and i ... > we have done to get onto the home network. ...
  • Re: Password
    ... I was trying to connect my laptop up to the home network and i ... > had wireless on my laptop to start with and it said that i needed to ... > we have done to get onto the home network. ...
  • Re: Suggestions Greyed out word 07 spell check defaults to undo e
    ... As for the busted Spelling and Grammar Dialog box (SGDB), ... the touchpad settings being set too high or too sensitive, ... detune/desensitize the settingand then restart the laptop and check ... performance of the SGDB at each restart. ...