Re: Setting Remote Scheduled Tasks Security

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/12/04

    Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:46:24 -0400

    I don't think you can. You may consider just setting up a little web app to
    proxy the access.

    www.joeware.net
    jwgoerlich wrote:
    > I have a team of developers that require access to Scheduled Tasks.
    > These users are not a member of the builtin Power Users or
    > Administrators groups. I have granted them privileges to open the
    > Scheduled Tasks control panel when logged on to the console. This
    > works properly.
    >
    > However, the developers typically work remotely. Terminal Services
    > access is not a viable option because it would require either
    > Application Mode (requiring licensing) or Remote Admin Mode (requiring
    > the developer be a member of Administrators).
    >
    > I would like to set security on the server so that the developers can
    > access the Scheduled Tasks via UNC (\\server\Scheduled Tasks\). I
    > notice that this privilege is, by default, only associated with
    > Administrators. Any advice on how to set this privilege?
    >
    > J Wolfgang Goerlich
    >
    > Server Environment:
    >
    >  - Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4
    >  - Windows 2003 Server
    >
    > Client Environment:
    >
    >  - Windows XP Professional, mixed SP1 and SP2

    • Re: About FP, folder permissions, and sysops...
      ... Perhaps my "Shame, shame, etc.. ... Your contention was that ASP is some evil scheme to entice developers to use ... 4.> Even if you allowed an unmonitored FTP upload to your server ... Bob Lehmann ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.addins)
    • Re: Best configuration for a web developer
      ... I don't agree with you where you say the server extensions method was "clunky", but it does seem 999 out of 1000 developers didn't understand it, don't know how to set it up properly, and probably never will. ... Up to and including VS.NET 2003 the web developer model made a lot of sense and you could switch online/offline between remote and local IIS and all using HTTP. ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
    • Re: concurrency, threads and objects
      ... Yes, for example in high performance server design, where the server should be able to handle between thousand and ten thousand transactions per second. ... Threads are very cheap in linux 2.6, when they changed the kernel thread model, they did a test where they created one hundred thousand threads. ... Its almost exclusively coming from java developers, but also from developers of other languages, although not as much. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: how to change the applications trust level?
      ... stored one server. ... In all other nodes showing security related errors. ... The proper way to handle development with multiple developers is NOT to ... Set up some form of source control. ...
    • Re: CGI PHP vs. FastCGI vs. mod_php vs. application server?
      ... I'd rather know up-front what's available to raise performance ... system, fine-tune your database server, etc. ... FastCGI | mod_php) vs. Java as an application server. ... developers recommend FastCGI. ...
      (comp.lang.php)