Can't install MS04-11 835732 patch on W2K

From: windows user (xxxxdjben99_at_hotmail.comxxxx)
Date: 09/10/04

    Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:56:22 -0400

    I have tried to install the MS04-11 patch also known as KB835732 on my
    Windows 2000 server SP4. I tried this after a clean install and then loading
    SP4. I have tried manually using Windows Update and here is the message I
    get:

    KB835732 Setup could not backup registry key
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\Kerberos to file
    C:\WINNT\$nuninstallkb835732$\reg00003 1314: A required privilege is not
    held by the client

    Any idea why this won't install? I have 5 others along with it but this is
    the one I worry the most about not having.

    Thanks

    xxxxdjben99@hotmail.comxxxx
    remove the xxxx front and back to reply

    • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
      ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
      (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
    • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
      ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: 0x80070005 error on multiple computers
      ... Booted into safe mode and ran Windows Update. ... Ran Windows update again and was allowed to install the package installer ... Have you only recently become responsible for these computers, ... do clean install of WinXP... ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Swap file
      ... There's also the fact that the OP claims it's a clean install. ... My question was how to clean the swap file as Windows cannot manage it? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: updates after format
      ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)