Firewall on Windows 2000

From: Sam Kong (ssk_at_chol.net)
Date: 09/09/04

Date: 9 Sep 2004 08:32:58 -0700

Hello group.

I am running a web service on Windows 2000.
It doesn't have a firewall.
Can I use the TCP/IP filtering on the adapter option to block all
traffic except for port 80?
I don't know what's the difference between TCP/IP filtering and
firewall.

Thanks.

Sam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Restricting ports in O/S
    ... You can do it at the OS level, though there's no logging, so firewall is ... Next, you forgot to mention what version of Windows you're running, so I ... TCP/IP Filtering or in the latter two, ... > be able to do this at the operating system level. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Firewall on Windows 2000
    ... You should read the replies to your other post. ... > It doesn't have a firewall. ... > Can I use the TCP/IP filtering on the adapter option to block all ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Guide to secure installtion of IIS 5
    ... don't forget a well-configured firewall. ... Do not put the computer onto the network or the Internet until after the ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)