Re: CCertRequest::GetCertificate The parameter is incorrect

From: Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC (padare_at_newsguy.com)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:06:09 -0400

In article <fb8e0b72.0409080902.3718f790@posting.google.com>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, kadirs <seydim@gmail.com>
says...

> I am trying to issue a Certificate Request and get the
> resulting certificate. The submit method is ok but, when I
> try the GetCertificate (to obtain a PKCS#7 string) I get
> this error:
>
> Error Type:
> CertificateAuthority.Request (0x80070057)
> CCertRequest::GetCertificate The parameter is incorrect. 0x80070057 (WIN32: 87)

You'll likely get a faster response in the
microsoft.public.security.crypto news group.

(cross-posted and follow-ups set to .crypto)

--
Paul Adare
rights.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Certificates are not published
    ... microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Carma Trepp ... >> certificates in Active Directory of trusted domain ... >> have the necessary permissions to publish the certificate. ... What certificate templates ...
  • Re: Where to View Machine Certificate?
    ... microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Brian Komar ... certificate is for EFS. ... Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines ...
  • Re: Help with loading PKI certificate
    ... microsoft.public.security news group, steve fujii ... > know how to load a new certificate to the certificate ... You might have better luck asking in a Mac news group. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Enterprise Certificate Authority question
    ... microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, Miha Pihler <mihap- ... > certificate. ... this is not a reliable way to determine which server is ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Smart Cards?
    ... microsoft.public.security news group, Steven L Umbach <n9rou@nospam- ... A certificate contains (amongst a ... number of other things) the public key, a public key is not commonly ...
    (microsoft.public.security)