missing security tab for file properties in Win2000

From: Connie (constans_at_sfu.ca)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:33:42 -0700

Hi -
    I am an inept systems manager! I have several machines
running Windows 2000 professional, and on one of them there
is no security tab when you right click on a file or folder
and choose properties - there is only a "General" and a
"Sharing" tab. Can anyone tell me how to get the
"Security" tab back on the file properties window?
    Thanks for any help.
    Connie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant Update--(Error: 0x8DDD0002)
    ... On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab. ... If you are running Windows XP Home Edition, in order to have access to the Security ... there is no security tab in my SoftwareDistribution ... Windows Update Web site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Non-Admin, ASP.NET, debug problem.
    ... On the Default Properties Tab ... Edit Default for the Default Access Permissions ... On the Security Tab, select Use Custom access permissions and select ... Configure FrontPage Server Extensions on the Default Web Site if they ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)
  • RE: System performance slow
    ... I'm running Windows XP Media Center for a while and everything has ... Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies. ... Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option: ... Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non ...
  • Re: Missing Security tab despite turning off Simple File Sharing
    ... Besides clearing the checkmark for Use simple file sharing in Folder Options... ... Files, and WINDOWS system folders. ... The Sharing tab is not visible.... ... = Security tab will not be visible ...
  • Re: Lost docs still lost
    ... Security tab, click advanced, go to the Owner tab and ... wish to set ownership for everything in the folder, ... as well.>> But don't find any Security Tab. ... This is not your administrator account, ...