RE: password

From: Michal D. (MichalD_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/01/04

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 07:49:01 -0700

Change password to whatever new password you want. Then go to Control panel
-> Users and passwords -> and you can change password there. If you don't
want the situation to repeat, thorough advance options there, you can check
up that your password never expires.

"Roger Mallow" wrote:

> I have Windows 2000 in my computer and it tells me I have
> to change my password before I can get onto my computer.
> Can anyone help?

Relevant Pages

  • W2k3 TS
    ... anyone to have access to the Control Panel so I enabled the "Prohibit access ... I didn't think that would apply to the Administrator ... And how do I keep everyone else out of it if I can't set that policy? ... Change Password ...
  • Re: XP HE Adminstrators Password
    ... go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... Then select Administrator and "Change Password". ... An easier way to read newsgroup messages: ...
  • Re: users change password - not synching with AD or Locally
    ... If the users are members of domain you shouldn't use cached credentials in control panel, or you can end up where you're right now. ... Group policy prompts for user to change password and they do so, but are then unable to access any resources on the network, even after a reboot. ...
  • Windows Password
    ... go to start, settings, control panel, user accounts and ... change password. ... >Help...I set a password on my Win XP Home Edition ...
  • how to recover a lost admin password
    ... go to start, settings, control panel ... click on user accounts. ...