Re: Permission Set to Everyone Deny - Can't take ownership

From: Cory Blythe (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/30/04

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:55:41 -0700

Thanks for the tip that allowed me to take ownership as
admin but I still get a 'File may be in use' error when I
try and delete them. I'll have to wait until off hours
and try a reboot to see if that clears the flag.

Thanks Again
Cory Blythe

user right has been removed
>as shown by the effective setting on that computer in
Local Security Policy /security
>settings/local policies/our rights. What kind of error
does the administrator get??
>Make sure that the user logging on to take ownership is
actually in the
>administrators local group as shown by [net localgroup
administrators] . If you still
>have problems use fileacl with the /force switch to force
ownership for the
>administrators and then change permissions to grant
access and deletion. See the
>links below for more information. --- Steve
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyID=723f64ea-34f0-4e6d-9a72-
004d35de4e64&DisplayLang=en
>http://www.gbordier.com/gbtools/fileacl.htm