Re: Lost Advisory Content Password

From: Laura E. Hunter \(MVP\) (hunter(nospamplease)_at_sfs.upenn.edu)
Date: 08/24/04

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:08:41 -0400

The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer
Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
This involves editing the Windows Registry, which can leave your system in
an unstable or unusable state and should only be performed if you're
comfortable doing so.

1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of
the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and
Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key.
Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted
your original Content Advisor password.

8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For
IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a
password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content
Advisor because there's no longer a password.

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP
"Chris Zepeda" <zepeda_c@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have lost my Advisory Content Password and am unable to
> access any websites on the internet. How may I reset my
> Advisory Content password in order to access the internet
> without my password?  There is no way I can recover my
> lost Advisory Contect Password for Microsoft Office 2000
> lost password.  Is there a recovery or reset method I can
> use to access my internet. Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passwords
    ... Another option would be to use the Content Advisor: ... The Content Advisor provides parents enhanced control over what content ... Restricted Sites List for Internet Explorer ... With Kids Passport, you can choose whether a participating Kids Passport Web ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Passwords and usernames being sent to url via IE6.0
    ... antispyware that there was an attempt to block a trusted site. ... I was able to block the site by activating Content Advisor and including the ... time it attempts to access the internet. ... Do I really need to reformat and reinstall the whole OS? ...
  • Re: Content Advisor password
    ... the settings back to their defaults. ... All the Content Advisor settings are stored in the key below. ... Close Internet Explorer, re-open it, and the Content Advisor feature should ... If the registry key is not there, you can simply create one by going ...
  • Re: Content Supervisor Password for Internet Explorer
    ... The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet ... Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its ... choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. ... Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again. ...
  • error rating label invalid
    ... I set a security code for my internet content advisor ... Can someone tell me how to reset it, or change it, or something ...