Re: Tool for assinging users to be Admins for ONLY that app?

From: Marco (tired.of.spam_at_somemail.com)
Date: 08/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:35:05 +0200

Hi James

we have developed just that: please check our new solution: NeoExec for
Active Directory. You can define policies and deploy them by means of AD.

cheers,

Marco

--
Execute applications with elevated privileges [ www.neovalens.com ]
--
"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As some of you probably know, in a large corp. environment, there are some
> 2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED
> be autologged onto a domain. We autolog the PC with a domain user account
> named "autolog". This Domain users account is in the local users group on
> all
> machines (by default).
>
> So, now to the problem:
>
> We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. Now, some applications
> being installed require admin rights. We cannot make an autologged account
> open as an admin...
>
> Does or is Microsoft have a tool that will allow IT to give a normal user
> admin rights to run certain applications? I know of the Run As command,
> but
> that is not useful to us because we would have to be there everytime the
> user
> would need to access the application.
>

> --
> James Ogden, MCP | A+
> www.binarydreams.us

Relevant Pages

  • Looking for a certain tool...
    ... 2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to ... We autolog the PC with a domain user account ... We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Tool for assinging users to be Admins for ONLY that app?
    ... 2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to ... We autolog the PC with a domain user account ... We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Looking for a certain tool...
    ... "Jerold Schulman" wrote: ... We autolog the PC with a domain user account ... >>We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ... Grant permission on the registry key that the app installed. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: admin rights locally
    ... Add their domain user account to the local Administrators group on the ... grab their domain user account and add it ... This will give them local admin rights but not domain admin rights. ... when i set up users laptop, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Re: Looking for a certain tool...
    ... >2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to ... >We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ... After installing the application as admin, copy the shortcut to the autolog ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)