Re: AUDIT LOGOFF

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 08/22/04

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:44:28 GMT

Auditing of account logon events does not show logoffs while auditing of logon events
will. If these are domain users, you will need to configure auditing of logon events
on their computer and look in that computer's security log. --- Steve

"pduff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I see the "Audit Account Logon Events" in the group policy
> editor but can i add "logoff events" to to the security
> log? i want to know how long a user is logged in.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authentication Auditing
    ... > only show in the security log of the domain computer itself - not the ... > it indeed does show that auditing of logon events is enabled for success ... It is enabled but the effective setting dispalys as "No Auditing". ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Authentication Auditing
    ... What may be happening is that another Group Policy has auditing defined for ... logon events such as at the Organizational Unit Level. ... see what it is for auditing and change it to suit your needs. ... >> Then try clearing the current security log to make sure it is not full ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: User account Information
    ... About the best you can do natively is to look in the security log via Event ... Viewer making sure that auditing of logon events is enabled in Local ... I am using a Windows XP multiuser system. ...
  • Re: Monitor file system changes
    ... There is AD auditing, and then there's file system and other resource auditing. ... Audit logon events: Security Configuration Editor; ... If both account logon and logon audit policy categories are enabled, logons that use a domain account generate a logon or logoff event on ... ...
  • Re: Remote Desktop auditing
    ... XP Pro has the same auditing capabilities as Windows 2003 Server other than ... You would want to enable auditing of ... account logon events and maybe logon events in Local Security Policy. ...