Tool for assinging users to be Admins for ONLY that app?

From: James (James_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:17:02 -0700

As some of you probably know, in a large corp. environment, there are some
2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to
be autologged onto a domain. We autolog the PC with a domain user account
named "autolog". This Domain users account is in the local users group on all
machines (by default).

So, now to the problem:

We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. Now, some applications
being installed require admin rights. We cannot make an autologged account
open as an admin...

Does or is Microsoft have a tool that will allow IT to give a normal user
admin rights to run certain applications? I know of the Run As command, but
that is not useful to us because we would have to be there everytime the user
would need to access the application.

--
James Ogden, MCP | A+
www.binarydreams.us

Relevant Pages

  • Looking for a certain tool...
    ... 2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to ... We autolog the PC with a domain user account ... We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Tool for assinging users to be Admins for ONLY that app?
    ... Execute applications with elevated privileges ... We autolog the PC with a domain user account ... > We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Looking for a certain tool...
    ... >2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to ... >We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. ... After installing the application as admin, copy the shortcut to the autolog ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: admin rights locally
    ... Add their domain user account to the local Administrators group on the ... grab their domain user account and add it ... This will give them local admin rights but not domain admin rights. ... when i set up users laptop, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Re: Scavenging Machine Acounts in AD
    ... > object is a member of the computer's local Administrators group. ... > to a domain/workgroup) is available is if the domain user account object is> a member of the local Administrators group. ... > A 'regular' domain user account object *should* not be a member of any of> these groups. ... I would like that machines>>account to be either deleted automatically from AD after a set period of>>time of say 60 days or disabled somehow. ...