Tool for assinging users to be Admins for ONLY that app?

From: James (
Date: 08/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:17:02 -0700

As some of you probably know, in a large corp. environment, there are some
2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to
be autologged onto a domain. We autolog the PC with a domain user account
named "autolog". This Domain users account is in the local users group on all
machines (by default).

So, now to the problem:

We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. Now, some applications
being installed require admin rights. We cannot make an autologged account
open as an admin...

Does or is Microsoft have a tool that will allow IT to give a normal user
admin rights to run certain applications? I know of the Run As command, but
that is not useful to us because we would have to be there everytime the user
would need to access the application.

James Ogden, MCP | A+