Tool for assinging users to be Admins for ONLY that app?

From: James (James_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:17:02 -0700

As some of you probably know, in a large corp. environment, there are some
2000 / XP machines that sit in confrence rooms or in other areas that NEED to
be autologged onto a domain. We autolog the PC with a domain user account
named "autolog". This Domain users account is in the local users group on all
machines (by default).

So, now to the problem:

We cannot have these accounts have admin rights. Now, some applications
being installed require admin rights. We cannot make an autologged account
open as an admin...

Does or is Microsoft have a tool that will allow IT to give a normal user
admin rights to run certain applications? I know of the Run As command, but
that is not useful to us because we would have to be there everytime the user
would need to access the application.

--
James Ogden, MCP | A+
www.binarydreams.us