Re: drop down / list of user for login in win2k

From: axis (nospam_at_thanksnospam.com)
Date: 08/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:44:47 GMT

news:ZhdVc.18830$Fg5.16691@attbi_s53...
> What you want to do is not possible. By default the computer should show
the last
> user that logged on. If you want to make it simple, then give them user
accounts
> based on their name such as Dave, Sue, Darth, etc. I hope they can handle
that. Just
> make sure someone remembers "administrator" and that they write that
password down
> and keep in a couple of safe places. --- Steve
>

> "axis" <nospam@thanksnospam.com> wrote in message
> > In win2k, is there any way to make it so that instead of having to enter
> > username, all the usernames in the system are listed (either drop down,
or
> > XP style), and the user can click & type in password? I know this is
less
> > secure, but it would help out in the system I'm setting up for a less
tech
> > saavy family.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Alright, that's what I'll have to do. Thanks Steve.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: drop down / list of user for login in win2k
    ... >> secure, but it would help out in the system I'm setting up for a less ... Alright, that's what I'll have to do. ... Thanks Steve. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: drop down / list of user for login in win2k
    ... >> secure, but it would help out in the system I'm setting up for a less ... Alright, that's what I'll have to do. ... Thanks Steve. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Archiv re-issues
    ... Tech" and "The Tech Guy" podcasts I follow regularly (with thanks to ... Steve de Mena for having introduced me to them in the first place). ... where some of the players are not so much fun. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: New post....New Rant!
    ... Steve and Sarah, ... A tech is going to be by tomorrow, June 5th, to resolve my issue, I hope!! ... I even tried running naked (no firewall, active virus, etc.) all that did ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Cannot access 1 secure site
    ... > Thanks Steve and others for your suggestins. ... > not help my problem of getting into only 1 secure bank ... I can get into all other secure ... > AdAware or SpyBot Search ...
    (microsoft.public.security)