Re: ? to change the Drive Sharing properties via script?

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:05:11 +0200

Hi Matt,

Drives are shared by default since hm ... Windows NT. Shares are hidden and
can only be accessed by System Administrators. If you disable them some
things may stop working (software that is installed over network - push
installations).

Here is an article how to disable these administrative shares (and they
won't be shared again after reboot).

I am not sure what version of Windows 2000 you have so here goes for Pro
version.

How to create and delete hidden or administrative shares on client computers
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314984&Product=win2000#2b

and for Server

Remove Administrative Shares in Windows 2000 or Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;318751

I hope this helps,

Mike