Re: Machine beeps at logon

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 08/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:16:29 GMT

Check Device manager to see if there is a problem with IRQ conflict or driver for the
sound card. Also boot into safe mode to see if problem still persists which if it
does not would indicate a problem with a startup application/service/driver. I am not
sure but the sound drivers may not even load in safe mode, so keep that in mind when
trying safe mode, but you can use msconfig to do selective startup of applications
and services that may help pinpoint the problem. The msconfig from XP can be used or
you can download from the internet by searching for " msconfig download ". --- Steve