Newbie question - signed code not trusted

From: Carol Chisholm (carol.lists_at_smalldomain.ch)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:36:31 +0200

I've put an Enterprise Root CA on a Windows 2003 DC.

I've found the template for code signing and issued myself a code
signing certificate.

I have signed a VB project with this certificate.

When I run the VB code on an XP workstation which is a member of the
domain, as a user logged into the domain, I expected to get no prompt
on starting the code, but I get told that the code is signed by me,
and that the certificate is issued by my DC, and asked if I trust
myself.

I read (when you install an enterprise root CA ... the certificate of
the CA is added automatically to the Trusted Root Certification
Authorities Group Policy for the domain...)

In the Certificates MMC on the DC I can in fact see the DC itself as a
Trusted Root Certification Authority for all purposes.

In the Certification authority I can see some issued certificates,
including my code signing one.

Two of the certificates are expired, from the CAExchange template, if
I try to renew them, they tell me they don't have enough information.

So two questions:

How do I get my code to run with no prompts?
What are the CAExchange based certificates and what do I have to do to
renew them? (or do I really need them?)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I use my Enterprise Root CA to sign code?
    ... If you're going to request the certificate as an admin, ... ahead and use the certsvr web app after you've added the template. ... >I am the CA administrator (well, all around administrator for our small ... > company) I just don't know how to get the CA to issue a code signing ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • VB code signing and Enterprise root CAs - 2003 server / Office XP
    ... Repost as the Windows security groups don't seem to be responding... ... I've put an Enterprise Root CA on a Windows 2003 DC. ... I've found the template for code signing and issued myself a code ... I have signed a VB project with this certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.vba)
  • Enterprise CA, signed code trusting
    ... I've put an Enterprise Root CA on a Windows 2003 DC. ... I've found the template for code signing and issued myself a code ... I have signed a VB project with this certificate. ... Trusted Root Certification Authority for all purposes. ...
  • Enterprise Root Certification Authority not trusted
    ... Yesterday installed Enterprise Root and Enterprise Subordinate CA on ... Windows 2003 standard in Windows 2000 active directory domain. ... certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification ...
  • Re: Forest, Domain, Certificate, CA, IAS/Radius, Issues
    ... All servers are Windows Server 2003 with service pack 2. ... Only DomainA has the "Enterprise Root CA" and DomainB_DC1 is a subordinate ... the Certificate Renewal Wizard, I get "The certificate request failed ... How do I manually request a Domain Controller certificate from DC2? ...