Re: password expire screen pops up every day.

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:56:16 +0200

JJ wrote:

> I have a problem with some pc's in die domain that keeps
> on reminding users every day that their password will
> expire in x days even after they changed it. The domain
> policy is set to expire passwords every 45 days.
Hi

Windows XP or Windows 2000 prompts you to change your password
even after you have already changed your password

As the article states, you need to call Microsoft Product Support
Services to obtain the hotfix (outside the US, customers should
contact their local Microsoft subsidiary.). The support call will
be be free as long as you refer to the Knowledge Base Article
number (831571) and ask for nothing more.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: