Re: Opening a port

From: Jeff Cochran (jeff.nospam_at_zina.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 03:02:44 GMT

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:12:06 -0700,

>ISA is running on this machine. I was told by my internet
>provider I need to have port 81 open to view my email from
>the internet. I am trying where/how to open this port to
>allow email viewing from the internet.

Might have helped to tell us that originally.

ISA is blocking your access, so you need to configure ISA to allow
port 81 from your workstation/LAN to the internet/WAN. I don't know
what rules you have in place so it's tough to tell you what to change,
plus I don't know what company policies may require access being
blocked, if any. ISA is relatively easy to work with, if you look at
the docs you'll see how to handle most of this, and you could look at:

How to Allow Third-Party Internet Application Connections Through ISA
Server 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295667

How To Safely Connect Your Company to the Internet in Windows 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300876

Internet Security and Acceleration Server Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ISAS#faq558

There's also an ISA newsgroup.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
    ... Create a new certificate for the WSS 3.0 website? ... "Go to 'Alternate Access Mappings' and in the 'Internet Zone' for your ... Port 443 won't work because it is already used by the Default Web Site. ... What you need to do is create a wildcard certificate and use it in ISA. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBSServer processes Port 80 blocked
    ... ISA rules will apply anyway. ... I've found that certain Windows apps don't work properly because they get ... What does it mean to send over port 80? ... He is in the BackOffice internet ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: SharePoint 3.0: problems with external access
    ... "Go to 'Alternate Access Mappings' and in the 'Internet Zone' for your ... Port 443 won't work because it is already used by the Default Web Site. ... What you need to do is create a wildcard certificate and use it in ISA. ... The steps to publish WSS 3.0 applications behind ISA 2004 are the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: port forwarding (rerouting) with isa server.
    ... This is a problem for portable users which have to access the isa ... > server from within the internal network aswell from the internet. ... > exteral ip of the router), but as i told it is a problem with portable ... >>> I have a question about port forwarding with isa server. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • ISA und OWA: Zugriff von außen
    ... auf unserem Server läuft SBS2000, also auch IIS5, ISA und Exchange. ... und mit fester öffentlicher IP) ans Internet angeschlossen. ... und wird vom ISA an Port 81 überbrückt. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)