Re: ACL Local Groups

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: 08/04/04

Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:16:10 GMT

Global groups are created on domain controllers only and can be added to local groups
on domain members. So if I understand your question, then yes you must be a local
administrator to add domain global groups to a local group on that domain member or
it can be done with a startup script using Group Policy which runs in system context.
By default the domain admins are in the local administrators group on domain
embers. --- Steve

"arjan" <arjan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I believe only administrators can create local groups on a computer. A power
>user can create and manage users it creates.
>
> So i can't create a global AD group which can create local groups, only if the are
members of the local administrators group ?